Two Minute Peanut Flour Cake


    Okay.  I'm a bad blogger.  I have been making myself these all summer as a fast, satisfying, grab and go breakfast, and didn't share the recipe.  Smack my hand!!  Bad blogger!  No, I wasn't being selfish, I just, kinda, forgot.  For some bizarre reason, I had it down-pat and ready to write up, and just, didn't!  Woops!

    My first intention with this recipe was to come up with another way to use my peanut flour, in a small, more convenient way, since making a nice big batch of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal is not really an OH EM GEE I have 5 minutes to leave the house and need to have something for breakfast kind of recipe, unless of course you already have a batch ready since you're a better planner than I am.  At first I started making these as muffins in a ramekin, but, they were a bit too big and would end up all over my microwave.  Rather than try to halve an egg, I changed my focus to a quick cake, since, well who doesn't want to have cake for breakfast, right?

    I'm also always trying to find more ways to incorporate coconut oil into my diet, since I always feel great when I make an effort to have it more often.  My memory improves, my mood is better (that's always a good thing), my skin looks fresher, my energy and activity levels go up, and I have more stamina when the seldom urge to exercise crops up. 

    This cake goes together really quickly, is ready in a flash, and can be tailored to your taste buds rather easily.  Sometimes I throw in a teeny pinch of salt for a more peanut buttery flavor, sometimes I put a pinch of stevia powder when I want a sweeter cake.  Stevia really pumps up the sweetness of the erythritol, so if you're looking to go a little sweeter, I recommend using the stevia along with the erythritol.  Otherwise, I like the cake just as it is.  Feels more breakfasty.  It's also great cold, if you find yourself with a bit leftover.

    Two Minute Peanut Flour Cake:

    Ingredients:
    In a microwaveable bowl, mix the almond flour, peanut flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt or stevia if using.  Stir to mix together really well.  Using a the back of a spoon, add the coconut oil to the mixture by pressing it and sliding against the bottom of the bowl while stirring to make a crumbly mixture.  This step is really important.  Be sure all of the dry mixture has been worked into the coconut oil before adding the egg.  If you're into having lots of dirty dishes, beat an egg in a small bowl and then add it to the mix, or do like I do and move your mixture over to the other side of the bowl, drop your egg in the emptier side, then start to stir it, gradually adding in the mix.  Who needs an extra dirty bowl?

    When the everything has been well mixed, if you are doing my super artsy chocolate swirl, shake up the sugar free chocolate syrup, and without squeezing it, just letting it pour out slowly, drizzle a nice spiral across the top.  Feel free to be as artistic as you like.  Hearts, smiley faces, stars...  you get the idea.  Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.  Allow to cool off and set.  Warning!!  It will be very hot!  If you're not using the chocolate syrup - though I really suggest you should - reduce the time to around 1:15 and check it, adding 10 seconds or so if needed.  Sure you could be even more detailed and mix the chocolate syrup into a bit of the batter and then use that as your swirl on top, but I'm into this for the speed, not really going for pretty here.



     Enjoy!


Labels: , , , , , , ,